Criteria for eligibility (by Emploi-Québec)
The following are eligible:
- Professional artists (those who devote most of their working time to their artistic practice or who would like to gain most of their income from their artistic practice).
- Interdisciplinary practitioners in the process of professionalization.
- Workers of cultural organizations not subject to the Act to promote workforce skills development and recognition. (The employees of organizations or enterprises subject to this law will have to pay the real value of the cost of the workshop. Extracts from the Acts: L., R.Q., chapter S-32.01 section 7 and L., R.Q., chapter S.32.1.)
- Workers who benefit Employment Insurance (EI) or social assistance and Social Solidarity Programs may be accepted for training. However, they must notify Service Canada or Emploi-Québec by themselves.
Note: Some workshops may be addressed to artists and cultural workers from other artistic disciplines.
- Full-time students, part-time students must be self-employed.
- Training activities for volunteers cannot be funded by Emploi-Québec (in Montréal). They are therefore not eligible.
Particularity of Montreal
Workshop for Montreal, funded by Emploi-Quebec Montreal, is primarily aimed at workers (salaried or self-employed) residing on the Island of Montreal. If places were still open, artists from outside could register. However, their trip or subsistence expenses are not reimbursed.
Particularity of the multiregional (throughout Quebec)
Workshops are open to all Quebec artists who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above. For these activities, travel and accommodation expenses for participants from outside the Montreal area can be reimbursed by prior arrangement.
Particularity of the transversal (several promoters of Montreal)
Like the Montreal component, the transversal workshop is aimed at workers who live in Montréal. This component is a pilot project of the Continuing Education Committee of the Island of Montreal.
Registration fees differ from one training to another. These must be paid in full before the registration deadline in order to validate and keep your presence at the training.
The RAIQ reserves the right to postpone or cancel training if the number of registrations is insufficient. In the event of a cancellation, the registration fee will be refunded in full.
Since the training is dependent on the number of registrations, please be aware that a cancellation may result in cancellation of the activity. For a refund of your registration fees, you must notify us in writing or by telephone as soon as possible, no later than 10 working days before the workshop.
You can make your payment with the method of your choice :
- by check at 3995 rue Berri, Montreal, Quebec, H2L 4H2
- in cash at our office (please call us to inform us about your visit at 514-868-8011)
- online via PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Inspired by Conseil québécois du Théâtre