The Quebec Interdisciplinary Arts Network (RAIQ) was born out of a series of meetings that took place over the past year and brought together over fifty major interdisciplinary artists in Quebec.
Mission and Objectives:
The RAIQ aims to bring together artists, arts organizations and companies working in the interdisciplinary arts in Quebec to ensure representation on all levels. The RAIQ aims to nurture the development of its members and of different interdisciplinary practices, by initiating activities that promote research and experimentation, such as conferences, studies, training and networking events.
The RAIQ’s current priorities are to:
* Solicit more funding for interdisciplinary practices on behalf of its members, from all government levels (federal, provincial and municipal);
* To collect funds via fundraising, grants and from membership fees in order to be able to realize the Network’s objectives;
* Maintain amongst its members a high level of professionalism in the production and presentation of interdisciplinary arts;
* Offer educational activities relating to the organization, administration and presentation of interdisciplinary practices;
* Promote, on all levels, interdisciplinary arts through publications, publicity, press relations etc.;
* Recruit interested members, consolidate and promote the organization;
* Communicate with other associations and active organizations at the national and international level;
* Sustain the intellectual and physical infrastructure required to support the previously mentioned;
* Reflect upon and develop a definition of interdisciplinary practices;
* Prioritise public education campaigns for a better understanding of interdisciplinary arts, within schools, public spaces and other appropriate spaces;
* Promote, encourage and sustain interdisciplinary arts in Quebec in a general manner.